Friday, June 18, 2010

Colouring on something other than cardstock!

Hi, It is Kylie here with another shrink plastic idea for you, we really need to start checking with each other so we don't double up, lol.

Anyway, I've stamped my "Shrinky Dinks frosted rough and ready" shrink plastic with all five Lil Lolitas using Staz on ink on the shiny side of the Shrinky Dinks and coloured with my Copics on the frosted side. I've then run each image through the cuttlebug using oval Nestabilities and punched a little hole at the top of each oval... can you see where I am going with this?



Once shrunk, the Shrinky Dinks plastic becomes one third of its original size and 9 times thicker. So..... it makes PERFECT custom charms! When the shrink plastic is heated it begins to warp - a lot - and then as it shrinks to its final size it usually straightens out a bit. You can see on some of my "charms" that they didnt quite flatten properly and I had to reheat them a bit and use tweezers to hold them flat.



As the plastic becomes 9x thicker, it also gives a shaddow effect as the image is stamped on one side of the plastic and the colouring is on the other.



The colours also intensify quite a bit as they become more concentrated having been shrunk.



The frosting on the plastic gives a nice sparkly effect




Copics used:
E11, E55, W3, B21, R85, RV11, V13

The cute images are from the "Lil Lolita Collection" available at Tickled Pink Stamps.

3 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Wow!! These are fabulous!! I love them. Still trying to find time to play in this challenge, and, sadly, I don't think I'm gonna make it. :(

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, lovely, what an amazing idea!! Super!!

Love, Wendy

Vicki's Blog said...

I like these very cool idea..
Vicki