Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scrapping Saturday

Hello and Welcome to my first edition of Scrapping Saturday. I am so excited to be sharing with you my combined love of scrapbooking and copic markers... and this is the very first layout, that I have used them together - thanks for encouraging me Sammi! I am sorry to say I am taking a slight detour from our current challenge here at Mad for Markers and taking you on different journey, this time last year my family and I were in Europe. It was such a magical time, experiencing the traditions of the festive season in the Northern Hemisphere. It also marked a significant milestone as my youngest daughter had just completed her Year 12 studies and for me it meant the return of my copic markers - she had them on "long-term loan" for her Graphic Art folio. I am very happy to have them back and I've been colouring up a storm ever since!!


I made my embellishments for this layout using the Eiffel Tower and Tilda with Wine & Cheese stamps from Magnolia. I stamped them onto X-Press IT Blending Card and coloured them in with the following colours.
Eiffel Tower - W1, W3
Skin - E00, E21, E51, R20
Hair - E35, E33, E31
Clothing - BV00, BV02, BV04, G000
Basket - E33, E31
Wine Bottle/ Bread - G02, G00, Y15, E33, E31
I added a plaid pattern to the skirt of my little Tilda with a Black Multiliner 0.1mm and after I added the diamond shapes to the skirt I used my G000 to blend them - this also gave the skirt a "greenish" colour that co-ordinated beautifully with my patterned paper.


I decided not to colour in the napkin in the little basket - instead I used some patterned paper and "stitched" around the edge with my Black Multiliner 0.1mm - be sure to check out the selection of Multiliner Pens in the Mad for Markers store - they have multiple uses and are a fabulous addition to your collection of markers.

I had so much fun making my own embellishments for this layout - so stay tuned... I can see a lot more of my coloured stamp images making their way into my scrapbooking.

Cheers
Chris xx


No comments: