Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scrappin' Saturday

Good Morning - Copic Lovers - I hope you are all enjoying the last weekend of Summer here in Aus.

The layout I'm sharing with you today is some of my favourite photos of Little Miss Mali the baby elephant at the Melbourne Zoo. On the day I took these photos Mali was celebrating her 1st Birthday and like all babies was loving the attention. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of her sitting on her cake but I took 100's and I mean 100's of her playing in the water.



I had so much fun with this layout, designing my own patterned paper with
Copic Markers. The striped paper was created using the Chisel/Broad tip of YG95, E27 and Y26. Here is a closeup so you can see exactly how it was created.





After I ruled my lines, I cut it into strips but as you can see, cutting shapes from the lined pattern would give you some unique embellishments for your layouts too. You will also notice that I have an "inked" edge around my page and the larger mat of paper - this I also created using my markers. I ran the edge of E27 around the outline of the paper and it gave me the same type of appearance as distressing ink - I love the effect!! The Birthday Girl ticket is a digi stamp coloured in with Y26 and the Leaves and Vine is a stamp I coloured in with YG93, YG95, YG97 and E27 just to add a finishing touch to my page.

We would love to see what you come up with... using your Copic Markers to custom design your own patterned papers...and whatever you come up with - a card, a layout or an off the page project we would love to see it and would be happy for you to post on the Mad for Makers facebook page.... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-for-Markers/115176458499228
We LOVE seeing all your work  :)

Cheers
Chris x.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this layout and the photos are super adorable. Hugs Suzanne x