Monday, August 8, 2011

new challenge today!!!

Good evening everyone! I hope your Monday has started off well and that you all had a wonderful weekend! I shared some cards this morning on the challenge blog and thought I would share them here too... just in case you have not seen the challenge blog yet!

First up is this gorgeous image - Sweet Blossom by Sylvia at Wee Stamps .... this image has MANY Copics in it... and I have done it in two sessions... the first colouring was very basic blending... safe jumps up within a colour family... but when I came back later after Intermediate certification I decided it needed MORE contrast ... so I worked back into it with MORE colours lol! I also added in lots of SPICA but it is hard to see that in my photo!

For the chipboard embellishment I used a tree... coloured with lots of brown markers to get some variety ... and then added chocolate spica lines and swirls on top! I got the idea for tying ribbon around the tree from something Alicia made with chipboard and fibres ... you can see her gorgeous Chippy creations in COPICENDIUM ... still available for purchase in our store :)



and then I also shared this card... which I have done the HAPPY BIRTHDAYs using SPICA pens to add sparkle and a personal touch.. they are great for colouring, adding sparkle and also for writing! the Tilda image I coloured last night in front of the TV .. I have tried adding some different tones and colours into her top and pants ...


my main colours were:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E04
Hair: E23, 27, 29, 49
Top: RV63, 66, 69 + some RV90s and some BVs in the 20s
Pants: BVs
and yes there are a few more hidden in there but those were the main ones! lol!

I'll be back tomorrow for some suggestions for scheming with sensational spicas (sorry in a funny mood tonight)!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh Sammi, this is stunning!
HUgs
Tracy