Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Sharing

Happy Weekend Copic Lovers,

...my apologies for today's post being a "little" late...I hope it is worth the wait ;)



....when I first saw Mermaid Marci from La-La Land Craft Stamps I knew instantly that I wanted to give her beautiful mermaid tail, a shimmery look and with a bit of experimenting, I am really pleased with the effect I was able to achieve. I started by colouring the tail in with BG11, BG13, BG15 and my usual method of shading. Then over the top of this colouring I applied a thin coat of Tim Holtz Perfect Pearls ( Berry Twist mixed with water ) and finished it all off, by tracing over the tail image (scales) with clear Spica Pen. The effect was a little difficult to photograph, but if you have ever seen the children's book The Rainbow Fish this tail has the same wonderful shiny foil appearance :) I can't wait, to try this technique again, it would be perfect for all my princess & fairy themed stamps!

Copics Used:

Skin - E000, E00, E11 - Cheeks/Lips - R20
Hair - E31, E33, E35
Top & Star - R81, R83, R85
Tail - BG11, BG13, BG15 / Clear Spica Pen

enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy colouring.

Chris x

2 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

This is beautiful Chris. I always wanted to learn a new way to give my mermaids some sparkle. Thanks for sharing.

Maire Gamber said...

AWWW. Just so cute!
Hugs,
marie