Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Sharing

Hello & Happy Weekend to our Copic Lovers !

I am sharing a monochromatic creation with you today - because I often get asked by my friends, about to begin their adventure into the wonderful world of Copics - these 2 questions - What colours should I begin with?....and What can I colour, if I only have a limited colour range? My advice, is not to think to hard about either LOL!! I started with an Asssorted 12 Sketch Set and then when I discovered all the cute little people images to colour, I added skin tones (E- Earth Colours) and built up my collection from there. You will be amazed by what you can do with a stamp and a limited range of  colour shades & hues - if you think in terms of "grayscale" or "black & white" you can do clever things with just one colour family.


This sweet little "Hanglar Stanglar" image was coloured, in an array of colours from the E- Earth  family of Copics and made into a card using papers and embellishments of the same hues. I did use a little R20 in her cheeks, but otherwise I used a combination of these 6 colours.

Skin - E13, E01, E50
Hair - E37, E35, E31
Clothing/Shoes - E37, E35, E33, E31, E50

...even if you do have a vast collection of colours - this can be a fun thing to challenge yourself to do - why don't you do some experimenting this weekend??

..and if.... you are wanting to build up your collection of Copics? - now is the perfect time to do so because.... to celebrate 20 years of Copic Markers in Australia and New Zealand, and to thank all the Copic users, COPIC AUSTRALIA have established a rewards program...where every purchase of a Copic Maker can earn you some great goodies. Mad for Markers is a Copic Rewards Partner - be sure to check out the store for all the details.....

Chris x


1 comment:

Maire Gamber said...

Beautifully done! I love monochromatic and I particularly love your color selections!
Hugs,
Marie