Friday, January 13, 2012

Monochromatic Colouring–Sepia

Today I am going to share with you some monochromatic colouring, in sepia tones. Colouring in Sepia tones is something I really enjoy doing, as it challenges me to get a great depth out of just a few colours.  For sample 1 below, I have used the following markers;


Skin: E000, E00
Hair: E31, E33, E35, E37

Dress: E30, E31


E30s

This colour combination gives me more of an orangey-kind of look. But the second colour combination that I like using for Sepia, is much darker, and has a much warmer feel to it being more brown.

 


Dark e40s

Markers used for sample number 2, are as follows;


Skin: E40, E41


Hair: E40, E43, E44, E47


Dress: E40, E42, E43
When working monochromatically, I find that I need to do a bit of thinking before I start colouring, to be sure that I know where my lightest and darkest areas so I don’t build up too much colour in my lightest areas, otherwise eventually it would all just look the same. I even find that sometimes I split the colours I want to use into 3 groups – lights, midtones, darks.
Till next time Happy Colouring, Rachael.


1 comment:

franzesjoi said...

ahhh love your colouring... :)