Thursday, March 18, 2010

Skin Colouring with Tracey


Good morning everyone. Tracey here. This is my first post for Mad for Markers and I am very excited to bring you my very first Copic tutorial. Now I have to add before I get started that I am not Copic certified, this is just the way I colour with my markers.

You will need:
- Neenah Solar White Classic Crest card
- Image - baby Lachlan from Spesch stamps
- Copics - E00, E51, E21, E02, E000 (although I didn't use for this image).



Blank image

Colour the whole image in with E00.

With the E51 I put down some colour where there would be a shadow.

Next I use my E21 to go over the E51 to create a darker shadow.

With the E02 I create an even darker shadow where it would be the darkest and also put some pinkness in to the cheeks.


I then blend in all the colours with the E00 again.

There you have the image's skin all coloured in. I know a lot of people who do darkest to lightest which is fine - I used to do the same thing. But I found this is easier for me. Hope you got something out of my tutorial. I will do another one for clothing very soon.

3 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Fantastic tutorial Tracey. Thank you. xo Jackie

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Good one Tracey.
hugs
Sue x

Sammi said...

Yay! Awesome job! Thanks!!
oh and sorry had to add the link in for SS :D
xxx