Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Meeting DT member....

*sorry we missed Tuesday's tutorial yesterday... I will pop some tips on colouring brown (which was going to be the tutorial) on todays post and also tomorrows!!*


Where are you from? I was originally born in Sydney, I then moved to Lismore in Northern NSW whan I was little and lived there for 14 years. I then moved to Brisbane for a coupleof years. I have been in Rockhampton and surrounding rural areas for the last 11 years.

Tell us something interesting about you?
I am an identical twin.

How long have you been Mad for Markers?
I got my first set of Copic Markers in February 2010 and have been mad ever since.

What was your first collection of markers?
My first Copic Markers were Ciao 72 set A. (I didn't belive in starting off half measures so I jumped in full swing)

If you were a Copic what colour would you be?
I would have to be B95. I love blues and tend to wear a lot of the darker colours. I have two boys so I also tend to do a lot of male oriented creations and love to colour in blues.

What/ Who inspires you? My two sons. Cooper who was 4 last December and Zach who will be 2 in July.

What do you like to colour? I love to colour anything. I am loving colouring timber things at the moment. I love to see how "real" I can make the timber look, from trees to seats to window sills.

What colour can't you use/ do you not like using? I don't use a lot of yellow or hot pink. I am not normally a bright colour kind of person so I find yellows really hard to use. I think I may just need to expand how many yellows I have in my collection, that may help.

Are there any colours still on your wishlist? There are plenty still on my wishlist. I have about 220 markers so I still have plenty to go but I intend on having all the colours................. one day.

What is your favourite technique? I absolutely love feather blending, even though I don't use it very often. I love being able to combine two totally different colours together.

What do you like to listen to while colouring? Complete Silence. After running around after two young boys all day I love being able to just sit in silence and colour. It is very relaxing for me.

What do you snack on while colouring? Chocolate. I am a complete chocolate addict. I would be lost and completely fall apart without it. Have been known to make up a muffin mix just to get a chocolate fix.

When you first started with Copics what do you wish you knew? I wish I knew how addictive they would become. Also I wish I have a bit more confidence in the beginning, I am trying new things every day and I think "why didn't I do this a long time ago"

Favourite brown combinations????
I think I love E31, E33, E35, E49, E57. I know there is a lot there but for timber I think it is good to get all the different shades.

Here is an example of Mel using Browns - one combination for Tilda's hair and another on the bench!!

Copics:
Hair: E42, E43, E47, E50.
Skin: E00, E01.
Dress: YG41, YG45.
Shoes and Flag: Y21, Y28.
Bench: E25, E27, E29, E49.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome! love the magnolia!