Saturday, March 26, 2011

Scrappin' Saturday

Happy Saturday Copic Friends

My layout today, took on a life of it's own - I'm sure you have all had that moment when you have an idea in your mind but when you put it into action....it doesn't quite turn out the way you imagined. Well this is what happen here LOL!! All the same I still managed the tropical look I wanted!

This is very much a "hybrid" layout - my palm tree and hibiscus flowers are from a Digital Scrapbook Collection ( more info can be found on my blog  - when I update it - he he!! ). I printed them in Black and White on some X-Press IT Blending card and then used my Copics to colour the images.



Copics Used:

Trunk of Palm Tree - E33, E35, E37
Leaves of Palm Tree - G02, G05, G07
Hibiscus Flower - Y23, RV23, RV25, RV29
and my Colourless Blender to "push" out the background and define the edges of the leaves....I also wanted a "translucent" appearance to my hibiscus flowers just to give them a more realistic look - not sure I succeed there LOL!! - but the effect was a little different than the usual blending techniques.


I used a Black Multiliner 1.0mm for my border and the scallop edge and journalling I stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

Don't forget to visit the Mad for Markers stand at Paperific  (Melbourne ) next week - 1st-3rd of  April -  the full range of Ciao and Sketch markers will be available.... Sammi and the team will have lots to inspire you including, both the La La Land Craft &  The Greeting Farm stamps - Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers
Chris x

No comments: