Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Sharing

Yay! - Happy Weekend Copic Lovers

I've been deserted by my family this weekend, they are all off doing their own thing... but I don't mind being home alone - it means more time for colouring and papercrafting!!

Today I am sharing a card with you that I made with a digital image - I am rather addicted to digital stamps at the moment - this one is "Jack & Ginger" by Mo Manning.....


and I used some techniques from the  Mad for Markers Challenge Blog. The previous challenge was all about "Colouring with Gray" and at the time Sammi shared a tutorial from Copic Oz called "Desaturating Colour with Gray"...it was perfect for this image. I wanted the colouring of my elderly couple to look a little faded and worn and I also needed my colouring to tone in with the muted and distressed look of my papers. Therefore, when I finished colouring my image, I waited for it to dry completely... then I coloured over the top of all the clothing areas with the 
W1 ( Warm Gray ) Copic Marker and I was able to create the look I wanted.

Copics Used:
Skin - E00, E00, E11
Hair - W1, W3, W5
Pants - E33, E35, E37
Jack's Jacket/Shoes - W1, W3, W5
Skirt - E31, E33, E35
Ginger's Jacket/Hat - BG01, BG02, BG05
Ginger's Shoes/Handbag - E33, E35, E37
Posy of Flowers - YR04, Y21, YG93
....I also used a white gel pen and the Colourless Blender to add highlights to the clothing.



The current challenge is to "Colour Embellishments" with your Copic Markers - for this card I used the Copic Airbrush System with BG02 to alter the white roses and pearls....be sure to visit the Challenge Blog and see how the Design Team have been busy colouring their ribbon, chipboard, buttons etc - you will be amazed by what you can do with your Copics.

Enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

Maria Hannemann said...

just a query as I am interested in Digital stamps but have never tried them...

When you print them do you just use a regular printer and printer ink on blending paper.. or is there a specific printer ink that works better??

Thanks heaps..

p.s love the site for inspiration

Maria

Christines Creative Capers said...

Hi Maria - yes I use my home printer - I insert my images into a word document so I can resize them and add multiple images onto a sheet of A4 X-Press IT Blending Card..it works beautifully for me :)