Saturday, September 21, 2013

Gorgeous Mermaids just released!

I had lots of fun in the studio creating this project!   I love a challenge and yes you have a challenge here...creating texture! How can you have a mermaid with no texture...you need texture. :)
Texture not only looks great but gives depth to an image!  It stands out a lot more than if you had none.  Grab some different fibers and play or play with markers you have on hand.

When I opened my email I instantly fell in love with these digis and knew how I wanted to showcase them! Lots of color! How fun are these beautiful creatures!
The color pallets to choose and the textures you can create are unlimited when working on these lovely mermaids.
This week I went with a very colorful tag using Mermaid Kia Stormdancer
I started by using a shipping tag and sprayed the tag with dylusions spray and then gave the tag depth using distress ink.  Some of the elements on the tag where cut with the Cameo.  I cannot go a day without my Cameo! Best investment I have ever made! :)
I was very fortunate to find little metallic fish at the Wal-mart but they only had one bad ..to bad :( . Lucky me! :) To top it off I gave it a pop of color by doubling the vibrant orange ribbon.
Paola Jofre 2013 DT M4M


Sammie's mermaid Kia Stormdancer was colored with Copics.  To create texture on her tail I used Copic Spica glitter pen, just a little dab will do yah! :)  As well as playing with dots using various shades of B & E.

Copic Recipe
E00  E01  YR20 R20
Y13 Y15 Y17 Y18
BG00 BG01 BG05
R20 R22
G12 G14

Go check out these fun digis plus many more at Mad For Markers!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Paola :)

No comments: