Monday, November 21, 2016

SUPER MONDAY with Justice Gillman

Good afternoon, Hope you all had a great weekend!! We had a fun weekend in Orange with our classes at The Dragonfly Lounge (a great cafe/ 2nd hand bookstore  - and a must visit if you are ever in Orange :) 

NOW I'm super excited to introduce you to the next member of our Design Team ... 


“I have been an avid comic-book reader and collector since I was about 8, and this meant that from an early age I would copy my favourite pictures and loved sketching as a way to relax. Two years ago my wife bought me a bunch of Copics for my birthday to encourage me to try something new (she had been very observant after I had raved about some art I had seen using copics). In my other life I am a high-school English teacher, so my art is very comic/pop-culture inspired, although recently I have been trying to experiment more widely with other reference material to try and improve my blending and representation of lighting.”



Look at this Marvellous artwork that he created over the weekend ... He included some process shots for you.

1)       Pencil sketch of rough outlines and features.

2)       Layering of Copics on the face first, then using the multiliner to add in some outlines of features after I have coloured them.

 3)       Colouring of the cowl, final white touches with the Posca marker.



Colours used: 
Skin: E00, E02, E21, E11, E13, E15
Eyes: YG05, G05, G17
Lips/Goggles: R11, R32, R24, R27, R37

Catsuit/Cowl: C0-C10, 100, 110


Isn't it AWESOME!!! Yes I have to show you more.... Here are a couple more of Lucas's older but also amazing artworks with Copic markers...

His snow leopard image.
 Colours used:
Cool grays: C0-C10
Blacks: 100, 110
Blue (eyes): B21
Pink (nose): R81
Copic SP multiliners: Black 0.03, 0.5
White highlights: White Posca thin tip marker

And a superhero drawing that he had re-posted and liked by the comic writer and creator of a few of the characters he'd drawn.


Colours used:
Cool grays: C0-C10
Reds: R24, R27
Blues: B05, B21, B29, B37,
Greens: G05, G17
Purple: V06
Yellows: Y06, Y08, Y17
Brown: E57, E59,
Copic SP multiliner: Black 0.5
White highlights: White Posca thin tip marker



SEE MORE of his artwork ON HIS INSTAGRAM account HERE :D



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, incredible work! You are very talented.

Granmargaret said...

Great work. Welcome to the team.