Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Sharing

Good Morning, I know it is still a little early to be celebrating Valentine's Day - but as you would have noticed, we have been a little early this week with many of our blog posts - he he!! Next week we will be back on track with all the exciting new changes Sammi and the team have instore for you.

In the meantime I wanted to share the card I made in honour of Valentine's Day and yes! once again I have used my favourite colour combo of pink and green. In my last post I mentioned that I discovered the wonderful olive colour range of Copics and I have had so much fun experimenting with them. After I had coloured  my little Magnolia cutie, Tilda with Heart I felt she looked like she was suspended in space, so to ground her, I added some grass. I created this effect by drawing a few "tufts" of grass with  E27 and YG67 then randoming "scribbling" patches of YG93, Y95, Y97. I then used my Copic Blender to colour over the top and blend all the colours together. I really like the effect and the "softness" it added to the colour. If you like this technique, make sure you stay tuned, because in the coming weeks we are going to share with you some more "tips & tricks" using the magic Copic Blender. 

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E01, E11, R20
Hair/Shoes - E31, E33, E35
Dress - R81, R83, R85
Grass/Leaves - E27, YG67, YG93, YG95, YG97

I enhanced my card with papers from the Kaisercraft English Rose collection and some leaf embellishments I made using a leaf and vine stamp from my "stash". I stamped directly onto my X-Press IT Blending card and after I coloured the image I cut around the outline and adhered to the card.

The "faux-stitching" was done using a Black 0.1mm Multiliner Pen...apart from my Copics this is the pen I use most when creating my cards.. make sure you check out the range of Multiliner Pens available at the Mad for Markers store.

Happy Valentine's Day
Chris x

No comments: