Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Meeting DT member....

(Sorry for no tutorial yesterday.. they will be back on from next week!)

..... EMMA

Where are you from?
I'm from Hoppers Crossing in Melbourne

Tell us something interesting about you?
Not really sure there is anything interesting to tell...hehe! ok, ummm I volunteer with a Charity called 'Life's Little Treasures Foundation' who help to support families who have had a Premature Baby. A fantastic Charity who do Fabulous work!

How long have you been Mad For Markers?
I got my very first Copic Markers for Christmas in 2009, I got about 25 and I think. There were some skin tones and then just a mix of colors. I now have nearly 200 of them. Ummm how many more to get...hehe!

If I could be a Copic Color what one would I be? - It would definitely be one of the RV's.

What and who inspires you?
I get most of my Inspiration from other peoples blogs. Blogs I always love to visit are Inklings from Kylies Kraft Room, kylie always has Gorgeous work and her coloring is always amazing and A thousand sheets of Paper, Amy always lists her copics and often has tutorials, which is where I learnt to do my hair from and I am loving doing hair at the moment!

What do you like to color?
well my all time favourite stamps to color are The Greeting Farm, I just LOVE them. They are perfect to color with your copics and they all have gorgeous hair to color, which as I said at the moment is my favourite thing to color!

What color can't you use?
I don't use a lot of Yellows, Greens or Oranges. I like the oranges for hair, but otherwise I don't really use them.

Are there any colors on your wishlist?
Ummm, ABSOLUTELY, the rest of the markers that I don't have, so about another 150....hehe! But don't tell my husband that!

What is your favourite technique?
At the moment I am loving doing hair with the lines through it to make it look more realistic, and I also love using the colorless blender to put spots onto jumpers and balls or anything else to add a bit of extra texture!

What do you like to listen to while coloring?
I don't really listen to anything, most of the time I have the tv on in the background cause there is usually someone watching something.

What do you snack on while coloring?
I don't really eat while I'm crafting, a lot of the time I will have a Vanilla latte, my absolute favourite coffee, but other than that.

When you first started Copics what do you wish you knew?
Just to have patience in my coloring. I expected to be able to color perfectly once I had these fantastic markers, but it does take a lot of practise, but with most things practise makes perfect! And of course practising is sooo much fun. Oh and I wish someone would have told me how addictive they would become...hehe!


Check out Emma's gorgeous creations on her blog - Crafty Mummy2Five :)

No comments: