Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ryan The Fox says "Trick or Treat!"

Halloween is nearly here! Only six more days as I write this! I am super excited to see the creativity around my neighborhood and all the fun costumes the kids will be wearing!

Something tells me this year we will see a fox out trick or treating thanks to the song and video. :) Speaking of the fox....What does the fox say? Sorry I couldn't help myself LOL  Sammie's ADORABLE  Ryan as a fox from M4M is saying "TRICK or TREAT!"
M4M design team Paola Jofre 2013
Keep reading if you would like to learn how I colored and gave the fox texture. But first, let's talk paper! We have to talk about paper! For the base of the card I did something different. I used SU Kraft paper and ran it through my printer to get some vintage print on it.  The layers were made with Echo Parks Fall Mini Kit, a NEW PRODUCT THAT'S ARRIVED AT THE STUDIO! Oh MY the paper is yummy! The print is so rich you can see the texture; it looks like real wood! I even used the falling leaves stickers that came with the kit! The tree I cut using my cameo as well as the sentiment. The pumpkins were cottage cuts I run through my trusty Big Shot.
M4M design team Paola Jofre 2013
Now the fun part: how to create the furry texture on the fox. I wanted texture on my fox but not all over; that would have been overkill. It's not difficult, but it does take time and patience. I first used a light earth color for the base and then I added four different earth colors and just scribbled the colors in. I made long, short, wavy and tight scribbles. Keep scribbling but take care not to overdo it with one color as these layers will start to create depth in your image.  You want to be able to see shadows and highlights.
M4M design team Paola Jofre 2013
 Head on over to M4M and show support and pray for  the Firefighters who have an are still putting their lives at risk with the fires in NSW , Australia.  Sammie has created to Frank and Sarah firefighters ALL proceeds go to RFS. Very generous! 

Hugs
Paola :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very sly Paola! Love it!