Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Sharing

Good Morning, I am taking a slight detour from our usual "Scrappin' Saturday" because I haven't been scrapbooking... and as such, I don't have a layout to share with you. I do however, have some cards to share instead. This week I have been distracted experimenting with new colour.For those of you, who follow my blog, you know that my colours of choice are shades of "pinks" and "greens" and I have recently discovered the olive green range of Copic Markers - namely YG91, YG93, YG95 & YG97. I find they work well with both the pastel and bright colour palettes. This first card I'm sharing today, uses these olive green shades and I am so pleased with how well they co-ordinate with pink.

Copics Used:Skin - E50, E51, E53, R20
Hair/Shoes - E35, E33, E31
Hat - (Flower) - RV00, RV02, RV04 (RV06)
Green Stripes - YG93, YG95, YG97
I also used my RV04 to colour in the adhesive rhinestones... if you would like more details on the other materials used to make up this card, they are available on my blog.

The second card I'm sharing with you is, also all about discovering new colours ...the BG range of blues were added to my Copic collection  last year and I've only just began experimenting with them.

Copics Used:Skin - E50, E51, E53, R20
Hair/Shoes - E35, E33, E31
Dress - Y11, Y15
Spotty Pants - BG01, BG05
Flower - YR02, YR04, YG00, YG95

The little butterfly I punched from white X-Press IT Blending card and coloured it with Y11, Y15. I also used the Y15 to colour in some adhesive pearls and I added these to the centre of the butterfly and the flower in my image. The "faux-stitching" was done using a Black 0.1mm Multiliner Pen... make sure you check out the range of Multiliner Pens and Adhesive Pearls in the Mad for Markers store they are fantastic for putting the finishing touches to your projects.

....and don't forget - Mad for Markers now has the full range of Sketch and Ciao markers in stock which means a quicker turnaround for your Copic orders.

Cheers
Chris x

No comments: