Saturday, March 27, 2010

Colouring Brunettes Part 2- Light -> Dark

The other option for colouring hair - is to colour from light to dark... It's a little easier to control the darkness this way. I have used the same colours ( E31, 33, 35, 37) although I have tried to keep the overall effect a lot lighter this time. So I start with the lightest colour, E31 - leaving sections where I would like the highlights to be.

Then taking the next marker in my chosen sequence (E33) I colour on top of some of the section I already coloured and out to the edges... I follow the strokes of the hair with my brush tip.

and again with the E35 ... colour over part of the area already done - as you can see there is a bit of a staggered effect happening.

and then with the darkest colour E37 ... I want a lighter brown so I only add the smallest bits this time.

And then it's back the other way... blending it back towards the lighter section...E35


back to the E33


and then over the whole coloured section with the E31 ... colouring in small circles to make the transition smoother!!


I then use the colourless blender to make it a bit smoother + pick up those highlights a little bit more. The hair on the far right has E27, E29 + some of the E30s.


This is the first tutorial that I've done this way so I hope they've been helpful for you... I'm not sure if it would be easier to follow like this or as a video. Might try one of those as well! :D

We'd love to see your creations... if you try colouring brunettes one of these ways OR skin colouring from Tracey's tutorial OR blondes as per Emma's tutorial - please send us an email at sales@madformarkers.com.au

Also - If you have any requests for what type of tutorials you would like then please email or leave a comment here!! :D

6 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Another perfect tutorial. Fantastic. Thanks Sammi. have a wonderful weekend. xo Jackie

Tracey Feeger said...

Sammi both wonderful tutorials for brunette hair. Great job sweets.
mwah
Trace

Kylie said...

Thanks Sammi! I love your brunettes!

Annette Bowes said...

Thanks for the tutorials Sammi, fantastic job, have a great weekend, take careX:)

Jac’s Playground said...

Thanks Sammi these are great, I'm really struggling with hair at the moment so am going to give these a try when I get up in the morning! xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is awesome going to have to get all those colours :) and give it a try!!
Kristy xx