Monday, April 5, 2010

Mad for Markers Challenge # ONE

Good morning!! I hope that you all had a safe and Happy Easter! I would like to give a HUGE thanks to the DT and their wonderful work last week! I think they did an awesome job!! :D

I am very excited to be kicking off our first challenge here at Mad for Markers --- it is a COLOUR CHALLENGE!

*if you don't have the exact colours that's OK - subsititute something close by! :D We'd still love for you to enter! :D

To enter simply post your creation using the above colours on your blog/ online gallery (M4MC1) and then link back to your creation on this post.

Here is a card I have made for your inspiration using these colours...
Colours used: E000, E00, R00, R000, R20, R85, BG15, BG49
The blooms are roughly coloured with R00 and BG15!

Pop back during the next two weeks to see some WONDERFUL inspiration using these colours that the DT have been creating!

The PRIZE????

a pack of 10 sheets of X-Press It Blending card and a box of 36 Copic Ciao markers.


As Mad for Markers is an Online store based in Australia then only Aussie residents will be eligible for this prize. However if you are an international follower and would like to enter/ spread the word then please do so - there will be a secondary prize for international entrants (a voucher to Spesch stamps!)

This challenge is open till Saturday 17th April at 5pm - and the winner will be announced on Monday 19th.

21 comments:

Kylie said...

This is GORGEOUS Sammi! I love your blending on this little Diva!! Gorgeous!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Oh thought I had left a message but didn't work!
Ok try again, Love the Challenge Sammi and love what you have done, gorgeous as always! Looking forward to seeing the entries and of course what the rest of the DT come up with!
hugs
Sue x

MicheyMoo said...

Wow....only three colours in this challenge!! That is definitely going to make this challenge interesting for me....lol!!
Great use of them in your card Sammi. Can't wait to give this one a go. xx

jhet said...

I would love to join but I have to find a replacement for R20 and maximise what's left with my E00! LOL!!!

Thanks for this challenge Sammi! Can't wait for the DT samples.

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous Sammi, can't wait to see what everyone come up with.
hugs
Sue x

Kylie said...

Your card is gorgeous Sammi. I can't believe I'm the 1st! Maybe I'll be the only one and WIN!! Whoo hoo!! lol.

Kylie ox

Farm Girl said...

I'm too scared to enter! lol and I really don't have those colours!

Penny said...

What a great image and perfect colouring! Im very happy to have found you for the first Mad for markers challenge!
Pen

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Sammi, I have posted an entry to your challenge. My card is entirely different to yours and I am sorry I only had one of the colours you specified so I do hope my card qualifies!! Your prize is awesome!

Nicky said...

great idea looking forward to see what people come up with.

A Consuming Passion said...

Thanks girls - great challeng .....just three of my fav colours!!!!!

Naomi P said...

Hi, thanks for the great challeng... I have entered. Hope I am the lucky winner. :P

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Sammi, thought I had already left a comment, must be cracking up! Gorgeous card love the hair and cute butterflies on the dsp, take careX:)

Chantelle said...

Ooooh this looks like fun - I'm off to play. Have been going thru the DT cards and they are all gorgeous - thanks to Tracey for her amazing tutorial - it's great to see different ways of colouring.

Leonie said...

Ok have entered my card . The DT inspired me so much i had to have a go. Its my first totally all copic coloured image! So happy with that! Great colour choice too!
Hugs Leonie

Sheila said...

Fab challenge just found this on Sue's blog :-) Hugs
Sheilaxx

Debbie Pamment said...

GORGEOUS colours together - I wasn't sure about them at first but am sure I'll play with them again. I love a challenge when I have the time!
xXx

Kylie said...

These colours are now addictive. I've made another card using these colours and thoght why not enter this as well. Thanks girls.

xo

Susan Hogan said...

Well, I have entered this Challenge but have only just got my Copics and am still learning how to use them - so my images are not very well blended - love the ones on this blog though!

Barb F said...

well I am in the US but I am entering anyhow! This really was a challenge but I love the little gal I colored with it! I love color - can you tell?

MicheyMoo said...

Talk about a challenge......I started my second card for this challenge on Monday - passionate and excited and ready to go and then my MoJo just up and left and I've been living on borrowed mojo for the rest of the week. I've managed to get this card together, photographed and uploaded (albeit in an incomplete post) before the 5pm deadline!! Woot, Woot. Now to catch my breath, clean up the place and actually finish my post. :)
Good luck to all who've entered. I don't envy you Sammi and team - there are a whole bunch of talented peeps in here. xx