Saturday, September 7, 2013

Steampunk Ryan Paper Frame!

The attraction of Steampunk is having so many texture and layers to play with and create.  As someone who can't resist texture and layers, I was delighted recently to revisit Mad for Markers Samantha's Steampunk Ryan and this time create a card with a paper frame that would make a beautiful gift.



I had to get creative with supplies for this project as I didn't have much on hand in the studio.  I didn't have a lot of Steampunk papers ..actually I didn't have any come to think of it.  I was resourceful and ventured to Etsy.com.  I bought some yummy digital paper from Victoria Designs. For the base of the card I just used Kraft colored cardstock from Michael's.  I inked the sides of all the papers using Walnut distress ink. I was really happy that I was finally able to use my Vintage epherma that I bought from The Embellished Connection.  I could see the layers building in my mind. :)


 The sentiment was from a Simon Says Stamp September card kit.  I thought it was fitting. :) The green tag was a standard shipping tag that I sprayed with Dylusions spray and then inked with various Distress inks.  I also stamped layers onto the tag to give it more texture and a grunge feel.  One of my favorite moments creating this project was using the metallic Sharpies to create the gears.   They were perfect for the job! Once gears were dried I added them onto the piece with dimensionals to make the gears pop out and add depth.
Copic Recipe:
E50  E21   E33   E35  E37
BV11 BV13 BV08 BV01
G21 G24 G28 G99
C5 C7 C9
R35 R37 R39
Y13 Y15 Y18

Other products used:
Memento ink rich coca
Enamel accents black
Stickles purple

Head on over to Mad Markers to check out the Steampunk collection as well as many other AWESOME stamps and stencils! 

Paola :) 

No comments: